Sunday, September 18, 2011

Our trip up the California coast

My wife and I took a trip up the California coast this summer. Remember, I wrote a pirate novel so images of the sea and anything surrounding it fits perfectly. We drove to Los Angeles and from there we drove up the coast to San Francisco. That is where we ended our coastal road trip as we veered off and found our way back home to Utah by way of Yosemite National Park. I thought I'd share a few pictures with you. However, since most of the people who come to this site are people I don't really know, I am going to share the sites. I am a photographer as well as a writer. I love to shoot landscape and wildlife fine art so I took my time on most of these shots. I hope you like them. Please share any comments you might have or ask any questions. I’ll be more than happy to answer them. I have placed a number just over each image to make it easier to comment about a specific image.

I will be posting different images every day or every few days. Some of the same images may make it onto the same theme from the trip that I put together on this site. These images are not in any order. I would also be willing to sell prints since that's what I do. Thanks.

This first theme or selection of images was taken in San Simeon at the Elephant Seal Rookery. There is a boardwalk running along the beach just over these beautiful seals. However beautiful, they burp like mad. I have so many images it was difficult to choose the ones I thought would be best to share. Hope you like them!


1
 2
 3
 4
 5
 6
 7
 8
 9
 10
 11
 12
 13

The next theme will be my personal favorite of the trip. I just can't wait too much longer to share them. The images will be of Pigeon Point Bluffs. Most of the images will be of the lighthouse and surrounding rock, vegetation, land, seagull life and cliffs. In the future postings there will be more San Simeon sites including the Hearst Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment